Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yum, yum, yum!

Cate began eating cereal right before she turned 5 months old. She was not a fan at first, but has learned to love it. She looks like a little baby bird eating. She immediately swallows and her mouth is already open before we can spoon the next bite.

The first vegetable we gave her was around 5 months, and we started with sweet potatoes. She got all excited about it, I think because she thought it was more cereal. She took the first bite with excitement, and then gave me a look like, "What are you doing to me?" She looked like I would if I ate a spoonful of dirt. Each bite her mouth opened wide for more, and each time she was genuinely surprised that it was not cereal. She got used to it, and now loves sweet potatoes!

Next we tried green beans, and they were harder to get her to like. The 3rd day of green beans I was alternating beans with cereal (bite of beans, bite of cereal, etc) and it was working pretty well. At some point, she caught on and when I would put the spoon into the bean bowl she would start whining. Eventually, she just got flat out MAD and started crying her eyes out. I think this coincided with her ear infection and not feeling well, but I am glad to introduce the next veggie.

Carrots are a hit! She cannot get enough of them. She never missed a beat. She ate the whole jar in about 4 minutes. We can't wait to give her more :)

Below is Cate eating cereal. You can't really see it on her in this pic, but she is a mess everytime she eats!!



This is the face she had the whole time we were feeding her the carrots. She absolutely LOVES them! I hope her love for veggies will continue.





No comments:

Post a Comment