Monday, April 18, 2011

37/38 Week Appointment

I went to my 37 week appointment on Wednesday, 4/14. We have found out that I do not actually have a kidney stone, but that it is Cate lying on my kidney. Dr. Pitcher mentioned the possibility of inducing on April 25th, depending on how severe my pain has been. The only way to fix my pain is to deliver Miss Cate. Scott and I talked about it, prayed a lot over it, and made the decision that if it was no greater risk to Cate, we would go ahead with induction. When talking to Dr. Pitcher at my appointment today (37/38 week), she mentioned that there is a SLIGHT, TINY correlation with induction before 39 weeks and learning disabilities. While she made it clear how minute this is, we had both agreed that anything negative would take induction off the table. So- as of now we are planning to let Cate lounge on my kidney a little longer. It is totally worth the pain to know that I will have a healthy baby girl in a few short weeks. We have talked about inducing on May 2nd if she is still not here. She will then be 39.5 weeks. Because I am so uncomfortable, Dr. Pitcher has written me a note to stop work on April 25th. So, this lucky girl only has 4 more days of work until August! I have gone back and forth about it, but I am just to the point that being on my feet all day AND the back pain caused by my kidney is too much. I am going to take the time to hopefully do a few little things around the house, stock the pantry, etc. Other than that, she is head down and there is no effacement or dilation. She is comfy in there, so that is where she will stay right now. Thank you all for your support, and we would appreciate all of your prayers as we get ready to cross this huge finish line and start our next journey and as a family of 3 (well- 5 really if you count our 4-legged babies).

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just got chills reading this! Already a Mama Bear! Hang in there and enjoy your time off! Before you know it she will be here!!! Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete