Friday, April 29, 2011

39 Weeks... Here we go!

We had our 39 week appointment this morning and I am 1 cm dilated and 40% effaced. We have decided to go ahead with the induction this Monday, May 2nd!


We will check into the hospital on Sunday night at 6:00. We can bring dinner there, and after we get settled they will give me a drug called Cervadil overnight. Then on Monday morning they will start the Petocin around 7:00. Then it is just waiting to see how the labor progresses.


I was concerned about induction having a higher percentage of C-section as the outcome, but the doctor explained to me it is just 11% versus 9% when not induced. Most of the time the discrepancy comes from babies of induced patients being typically larger babies (because induction is most often performed on women who are past their due date). Because I am not past my date, and Cate is measuring in the mid-sevens, I am hoping a C-section will be avoided.


So- we will keep everyone updated. Please pray for us that 1) That we are not overly anxious this weekend or during the delivery 2) we have a safe and healthy delivery, 3) our doctors and nurses do everything well, and 4) Cate is healthy- the most important of course :)


I want to say "thank you" again to all of you who are such an important part of our lives. We appreciate the love, support, and excitement from all of our friends and family. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment