Monday, April 11, 2011

36 Week Appointment

My 36 week appointment was scheduled for Friday, 4/8 but I had to go to the doctor early with what I perceived as a "scare". I was having back pain while having lunch with a friend, and I just thought it was pregnancy related. When I got home, I went to the restroom and there was blood in my urine. I called the doctor, packed my hospital bag (just in case) and headed to Marietta. My doctor was not there, so I saw the on-call doctor. She was great and quickly explained that she was 95% sure it was a kidney stone. I was worried about Cate, my cervix, and my placenta, so a kidney stone was welcomed news. While they are NOT fun (this is my 3rd) they are manageable. Just to be certain it was a stone, she had us go to a renal ultrasound and an OB ultrasound on Friday. The U/S tech confirmed a probable stone and we also got to see Cate again :) My placenta is in a fundal position (at the top of my uterus). Cate is measuring exactly on-date at 6 lbs and 1 ounce. All of her anatomy is perfect, and to quote the tech, "she appears to still be a girl". Thank goodness :) I haven't had much pain since Friday, so I am thinking I have passed the stone. As for the rest of our pregnancy, things are progressing perfectly. I am really tired and getting frustrated that I can't do as much as I would like. Some days I can barely get off of the couch. I am going to the bathroom ALL THE TIME and still love feeling and watching her move. I am definitely ready for her to be here! She will be considered full term after this Thursday (4/14), so anytime after that is welcome by us! We are 99% finished with the nursery, and I should have those pictures up soon. I want to thank Cate's grandmothers, the Phillips and Kellams for all of their help. I was not kidding when I said I can hardly do anything. They have done it all. I especially want to thank Scott as well. He has been my mover, unpacker, and cleaner through all of this. Anything that I cannot do, he has done. He has been such a wonderful husband to me. He is patient with my craziness and thoughtful of my needs. He is understanding and helpful, sweet and kind. It makes my eyes well up with tears when I think about what a good dad he is going to be. If he loves this little girl half as much as he loves me, she is going to be the luckiest "Daddy's Girl" around. I am excited to meet her, but I think I am more excited to see him with her :) SO- more posts to come of my last showers and the nursery. It will just be when I have the energy to physically plug my camera into the computer and download the pics. After all, my computer tower is on the floor, and that involves bending over- a big feat for me these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment