Thursday, March 10, 2011

Baby Shower #1

I feel so blessed to have so many people who love us and want to shower our family with gifts, love and support.

This weekend, I had my first shower with all of my family friends. These people included many women who helped raise me :) The shower was hosted by my Aunt Chacha, Robin Wilkinson, and Angie Durham. Guests included my mom's good friends from high school, many close Greyfield North friends, my sisters, cousins, and aunts, and Scott's mom, stepmom, and stepsister.

We had a wonderful time and I was so excited to spend time with everyone and open our generous gifts! It was a great Sunday and I cannot wait to continue being showered for the rest of March. Cate is already a very lucky (and loved) girl :)


The invitation for my baby shower on March 6.

The food table. Shower food is my favorite! They had yummy spinach dip, pimento cheese spread, raspberry sherbert punch, a gorgeous cake, and delicious chicken salad sandwiches.



I am not too happy with having my picture taken these days, but here is one "belly shot" although this is not a maternity dress, just one a size bigger :)

Mom gave us our bedding. We have not taken it out of the bag yet because we haven't gotten the nursery totally together.
Scott made an appearance at the shower to load up all the gifts. When I got home, I thought he had just put all the bags in Cate's nursery, but he had unpacked everything and organized it. It was the sweetest thing to walk in and see how he laid everything out :)

Our good friend Paula Deiters made Cate her first scrap book. It is so beautiful and one of the most thoughtful gifts we have ever received! Thanks, Paula!

2 comments:

  1. So SWEET! I love that Scott arranged everything! Super excited daddy!! You are a lucky lucky lady! (And Cate is a lucky little girl to have such wonderful parents!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing ever to see how Scott placed everything in the nursery. What a wonderful husband and daddy! I also loved seeing the bedding and how closely the towel I found matches it. I found the towel in the bath section at Target!

    ReplyDelete