Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Blaylock Baby Bed

As most of you know, I was very close to my maternal grandfather growing up, Clyde Allen Blaylock. He was such a wonderful man, full of life and laughter. Everytime I walked into the room he would light up and boisterously say, "Heeeey Jessie!" He was there when I graduated highschool and college. He was there to see me marry Scott. The first thing I thought about when he passed away in September of 2009 was how he would not get to meet my children. Our daughter, Catherine Allen Robbins will carry on his name. I am so proud of that fact!



While Grandpa is not here, I know he is in Heaven watching over Scott, me, and our entire family. The bed in the picture below is what is affectionally known as "The Blaylock Baby Bed" in our family. My great-grandmother Blaylock got this bed to put her children in. Grandpa and his 4 siblings all slept in it. My mother, aunts, and their 9 cousins all slept in it. Almost all of my generation (not sure how many of us there are) slept in it. Now Cate will be the fourth child of the fourth generation to sleep in it. I feel so honored to have this bed in our home. I know that Cate will now have the presence of her great-grandfather all around her... no doubt blessing her life the way he blessed mine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment